The Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors has established a waiver for the $100 fee associated with the NMS Match. Prospective students who demonstrate financial need AND have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater can apply for a match fee waiver. Prospective students should apply for a fee waiver BEFORE registering for an NMS number.
Applications for the match fee waiver are due by October 5, 2022. Applicants will be notified on October 26, 2022 as to whether they have received a waiver. There are a limited number of waivers, so not all applicants will receive a waiver. Instructions for how to register for the NMS match will be provided to those who receive a waiver.
Waivers are non-transferable to future match cycles or other prospective students. Prospective students who are applying for a match fee waiver will be required to write a short essay and to upload at least one of the following documents demonstrating financial need:
1. A copy of a letter verifying unemployment benefits received within the past two years.
2. A copy of a letter on official letterhead from a government agency verifying that you or your family have qualified for public assistance based on low income criteria anytime within the past 5 years
3. A copy of your financial aid award letter from another / previous institution dated within 5 the past years
4. A copy of your approved GRE fee waiver (for tests taken within 5 years of the application deadline)
5. A copy of your federal Student Aid Report (SAR) that verifies you qualified for financial aid within the past 5 years based on a family contribution* of:
o Not more than $1,500 if the student is a dependent student
o Not more than $1,900 if the student is an independent student. The NMS Waiver Application Web Page
Please note: the University of CT has so further information or input into this program; refer to the websites listed.